Tuesday 21 March 2017

Getting Help??

I know from speaking to several guys, that accessing support for mental health issues is beset with problems.

I myself have experienced problems in my own family, trying to access this stuff for my daughter when she was a teenager. And then when she became an adult (at 17, figure that one out!!!), it was almost impossible. We had to scream and shout for support, and on occasions refuse to leave places until they did something.  And on one occasion, call the police.

Men being men, we find it difficult asking for help in the first place, so when we get fobbed off, it can be a real issue.


I know, this is not always the case, and it depends on where you live etc. And there are some good and bad stories. But I would like to hear your experiences…. Good or bad???


Thanks 
Graham Foxwell

--------------------------- Comments -----------------------------
Please feel free to make comments and ask questions here. All comments will be verified by TheManShed before they are posted. Please keep your comments clean. Those which fail our house rules may be removed. If you see a post that is inappropriate, alert us by using the "Report Abuse" link and we will act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment